The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has agreed with the Government of Ukraine in the Governmental Negotiations in 2019 on supporting Ukraine with a continuation of a project aiming at facilitating foreign trade and exports for Ukraine with a focus on trade with EU countries. The capacities of the Ministry for Development of Economy, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine (MDETA) with regard to policy coordination and implementation as well as the capacities of other involved stakeholders also from the private sector are very limited and needs to be strengthened. With this project implemented, the framework conditions for access of Ukrainian exporters to EU markets can be improved, trade promotion activities could be enhanced and certain tasks envisaged in DCFTA could be implemented being one of the objectives of the Project.
Non-Governmental Union “Foundation for Support of Reforms in Ukraine” (NGU “FSRU”) with the support of Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development has launched the project “Utilization and implementation of the Association Agreement between the EU and Ukraine in the field of trade”.
The goal of the Project is to help improve trade conditions in Ukraine, particularly the country’s SMEs, with a view to better integrating Ukraine into the multilateral trading system, strengthening Ukrainian SMEs competitiveness and allowing them to take full advantage of new preferential markets access, in particular to the EU.
Within the Project, the NGU “FSRU" is looking for a Legal Expert.
Scope of services
- Providing support in drafting resolutions under the Export Strategy of Ukraine;
- Providing support with implementation of the harmonization plan on e-commerce including establishment of the online platform for the alternative dispute resolution of consumer complaints in e-commerce in accordance to EU-Ukraine Association Agreement;
- Providing support in development of TSIs capacity including preparation of legal documents such as code of ethics, compliance guidelines, concept of the trade cluster etc.;
- Providing support in preparation of communication and information materials (with focus on SMEs) on Export Strategy of Ukraine, sectoral and cross-sectoral export strategies, EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- Other services that might be required for the successful implementation of the project tasks
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in law
- Familiarity with the Export Strategy of Ukraine, sectoral and cross-sectoral export strategies, EU-Ukraine Association Agreement;
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills with the ability to interpret complex legal, commercial and financial information
- Excellent command of English and Ukrainian, both written and spoken
- PC literacy
Contract Duration: by 31.12.2020
For contracting, a candidate should be able to register Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group.
The closing date for applications (CV with information on the expected fee and level of efforts - full-time, part-time (N of days per month) ): August 1, 2020.
Please, send your applications to: email@example.com