The export consulting sector is an integral part of the EPO that works with advanced exporters to increase their export readiness, develop export maturity, improve business models, instruments and channels of foreign export outreach, develop in-house companies’ capacity to export.
The Consultant is responsible for identifying potential clients and consultants and managing export advisory assignments with clients. The Consultant will work with the clients to diagnose their business needs and identify areas for business advice, develop the scope of advisory projects and identify suitable consultants or experts for the export expansion assignments. He/she will manage advisory projects through the stages of conception, implementation, completion and impact evaluation. Additionally, the Consultant will support large importers as per their sourcing requests in terms of identifying most suitable producers in Ukraine and provide facilitation of potential business cooperation between both sides.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Identify and pursue potential clients who meet the qualifying criteria.
- Verify clients’ business needs related to business internationalization and help them to identify suitably qualified consultants.
- Diagnose export ideas of clients and identify possible bottlenecks during their implementation in close cooperation with Market Intelligence unit of EPO.
- Together with the client and selected consultant, develop the terms of reference and project proposal.
- Manage project implementation to ensure consultants deliver in accordance with the terms of reference and ensure continued client engagement to the project and prepare relevant reports in line with the project cycle.
- Identify new local and foreign consultants to recommend to the Head of Consulting for qualification and manage relations with existing consultants and organizations, ensuring a broad pool of expertise is available for EPO projects.
- Identify suitable Ukrainian producers/exporters as per sourcing requests from large importers.
- Provide facilitation of the dialog between importer and selected Ukrainian producers/exporters (including meeting arrangements and accompany during the meetings).
- Contribute to the development of internal and donor reports to inform on the progress of activities and utilization of funding.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Economics, Finance etc.) and/or equivalent business experience
- Relevant professional experience, preferably from management consultancy, donor organization, or international support programme that dealt with export consulting.
- Knowledge of local business environment and consultancy market.
- Knowledge of business advisory services.
- Knowledge of donor-funded work, donor organizations and national stakeholders such as
- regional development agencies, chambers of commerce & industry and other SME support organizations desirable.
- Strong business diagnostics skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Effective communication, presentation and negotiation skills and ability to manage relations with clients and consultants.
- Strong writing skills; experience in writing project proposals, terms of references or reports desirable.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Fluency in Ukrainian language.
- Computer literate: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint, ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Passionate about private sector development.
- Multi-tasking, self-initiative.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Candidates with industry-specific expertise (e.g. processed food sector, machine building or other) will have an advantage.
For more details, please, upload the Terms of Reference.
Please, send your applications with the Curriculum Vitae to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org