POSITION: Designer (Category 3, Communication)
Objective(s) and linkages to Reforms
A Reform Support Team (RST) at the Ministry regional development, construction, housing and communal services of Ukraine (MinRegion) is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-civil servants) funded on a temporary basis by the donors that provides targeted technical support and assists the Ministry in the design and implementation of priority reforms. The RST assists in filling the capacity gaps in the design and implementation of priority reform strategies and programs, while strengthening links and partnerships between the Ministry’s priorities and relevant donor support.
RST is funded by the EBRD managed Ukraine Stabilisation and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account (MDA). The contributors are: Denmark, the European Union, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
Communication is an indispensable part of the reforms process. Consistent and comprehensive communications are needed to ensure public awareness and understanding of MinRegion and RST’s efforts and to fuel civil society’s activities in supporting the reforms process.
Qualified communications professional is needed in order to strengthen MinRegion’s Press Office and support the Ministry’s communications efforts. Lack of qualified personnel in the Ministry does not allow the Press Office to concentrate on reforms communications to the extent needed for changing overall public perception in such very sensitive sectors as housing and communal services and construction industry.
Communication activities of RST will be carried out through the officials MinRegion channels and will strengthen the public presence of the Ministry and its speakers.
A designer will work in close cooperation with MinRegion’s Press Office developing concepts, graphics and layouts for information illustrations.
Duration and proposed timeframe:
Duration of the assignment is until December 31,2019with thepossibility ofextension, subjecttoapprovalinaccordancewiththe MDA procedures, two-monthprobationperiodshouldapplytothesuccessfulcandidate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Communicating reforms progress in all the fields defined as priority by RST:
- working with experts, briefing and advising them with regard to design style, format, print production and timescales;
- developing concepts, graphics and layouts for information illustrations;
- determining size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and font style and size;
- preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief;
- reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required;
- liaising with external printers on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality;
- developing of concept of design of layouts of POS-materials and/or electronic graphic materials, video materials and their realization;
- preparing of materials for printing;
- processing and retouching of photos, video editing;
- creating of presentation materials.
Main anticipated deliverables:
- Printed or/and electronic graphic materials.
- Prepared of presentation materialsand video materials.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Qualifications and skills:
- At least a bachelor’sdegree;communication design, graphic designwould be an asset,
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills,
- Professional knowledge of Windows and / or Mac OS platforms as well as graphical software from the Adobe suite and 3D programs (3ds Max), video editing skills;
- PC literacy (advanced PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word, Graphic programs, HTML)
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English
General professional experience:
- More than 10 years of general professional experience. Prior experience of work in public services reform team is a plus.
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum 5years of general professional experience as a designer;
- Experience with the reform implementation in Ukraineis a plus;
The estimated monthly value of this consultancy position is in the region of EUR 400 - 1000 GROSS. The funding source of this assignment is the EBRD-Ukraine Stabilisation and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account. The exact rate will be made by the Recruitment Committee comprised of representatives of MinRegion and international donors.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by January14, 2019 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions must include:
- Filed Application Form;
- At least one professional reference letter (from the past supervisor / manager);
- Applicant’s CV;
- Expected salary range (for information only).
Only complete submissions, containing the above, can be considered. Selected applicants will be invited to the interview.