The Senior Project Manager Lawyer (Category 1, State-owned banks’ reform) will be a full-time consultant in the Reform Support Team at the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine (MoF).
The Reform Support Team (RST) is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-public servants) funded on a temporary basis by the donors that provides targeted technical support and assists the Ministry in the design and implementation of sectorial strategies and priority reforms.
Competencies of the RST include the following core capacities:
- Economic and legal analysis (preparation of reform proposals supported by evidence-based analysis, preparation of policy and legal drafts, regulatory impact assessment etc.), and
- Reform program planning, implementation and coordination (inc. performance indicators, progress reports, program management, monitoring and coordination, project proposals preparation etc.).
State-owned banks reform initiative is an important part of financial sector reform, which has been indicated in the IMF Memorandum of Economic and Financial Policies (MEFP). The main goals, tasks and stages of state-owned banks’ reform are stipulated in the Principles of State Banking Sector Strategic Reforming (Principles), approved by the Government in February 2016 and briefly described below.
Duration and proposed timeframe:
Duration of assignment is till 31.12.2018 year (with discretionary extension for additional 1 year, also subject to availability of donor funding) with starting date not later than August 15, 2018, including a 2-month probation period.
The Consultant shall deliver services in Ukraine and for no less than working 20 days per calendar month.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis of Ukrainian banking system legislation, general legal assistance;
- Legal support in drafting reform proposals, legislation, legal documents;
- Preparation of analytical materials (presentations, reports, commentaries, policy papers etc.);
- Cooperation/interacting with MoF senior management and employees, other state bodies, state-owned banks, IFIs, experts, and other stakeholders;
- Preparation of timely and quality reports and status updates on reform implementation progress.
Main anticipated deliverables:
- Development of effective working relationship between MoF and SOBs: design of new cooperation processes between MoF and SOBs, monitoring procedures;
- Support of amendments in the Corporate Governance model in SOBs: support the development of legislation to establish new corporate governance model, support the selection process of new supervisory board members within the MoF;
- Support of NPLs resolution in SOBs: participation in development of a concept of Public assets Resolution Company, design of recommendations for SOBs how to resolve NPLs and draft of amendments to the legislation (if needed).
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in law;
- Strong organizational management, communication and presentation skills;
- PC literacy (PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word; Visio is an asset);
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English.
General professional experience:
- Minimum 10 years of general professional experience;
- Preferably 5 years of experience in banking law.
Specific professional experience:
1. Proven knowledge and professional experience in banking law;
2. Deep knowledge in banking legal/regulatory framework;
3. Experience in corporate governance and administration of large modern companies in Ukraine or abroad;
4. LLM degree in banking and financial law is an asset;
5. Familiarity with the reform agenda in Ukraine (especially in financial sector), good understanding of policy formulation process is an asset.
The estimated monthly value of this consultancy position is in the region of EUR 1200 to EUR 1800. The funding source of this assignment is the [EBRD-Ukraine Stabilization and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account / the European Union]. Please note selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding.
Submissions must be prepared in English only and be delivered electronically by July 17, 2018 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions must include a completed Application Form, the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae and Reference Letter from a recent supervisor.
Only applications which have been submitted using the correct template and are completed will be considered.