The Senior HR Manager will be a full-time consultant in the Reform Support Team at the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine (MoF).
The Reform Support Team (RST) is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-public servants) funded on a temporary basis by the donors that provides targeted technical support and assists the Ministry in the design and implementation of sectorial strategies and priority reforms.
1. Competencies of the RST include the following core capacities:
- Economic and legal analysis (preparation of reform proposals supported by evidence-based analysis, preparation of policy and legal drafts, regulatory impact assessment etc.), and
- Reform program planning, implementation and coordination (inc. performance indicators, progress reports, program management, monitoring and coordination, project proposals preparation etc.).
The Senior HR manager’s primary focus is to ensure introduction of modern HR business processes and practices to the MoF within the framework of Public administration reform and capacity building in the Ministry of Finance, Tax reform and Establishment of the New Finance Police Service, and Customs reform. Also the Senior HR manager is responsible for quality of the acquired staff, high performance, continuous improvement and development of key staff of the MoF.
2. Duration and proposed timeframe:
Duration of assignment is till 31.12.2018 year (with discretionary extension for additional 1 year, also subject to availability of donor funding) with starting date not later than August 15, 2018, including a 2-month probation period.
The Consultant shall deliver services in Ukraine and for no less than working 20 days per calendar month.
3. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Introduction of the HR Strategy and appropriate Action plan to the MoF
- Introduction of modern HR business processes and practices to the MoF and RST MoF
- Active engagement into Public administration reform and capacity building in the Ministry of Finance, Tax reform and Establishment of the new Finance Police Service, Customs reform
- Ensure typical work scope documented for employees
- Development and implementation of the MoF staff assessment
- Development of the training plan for the Ministry’s staff and RST MoF
4. Main anticipated deliverables:
- HR Strategy and appropriate Action plan developed and approved within the MoF
- New HR business processes and practices to the MoF introduced
- Developed Roadmap and work plan of Public administration reform and capacity building in the Ministry of Finance (HR component)
- Ministry’s staff assessment and training plan developed
- Recruitment of key staff to the MoF ensured
- Training plan for the Ministry’s staff and RST MoF
5.1 Qualifications and skills:
- Impeccable ethical standards
- At least a Bachelor degree, preferably in organizational development, HR, economics, finance, management, law, human sciences. Master degree is an asset
- PC literacy (PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word; Visio is an asset)
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English
5.2 General professional experience:
Preferably more than 10 years of general professional experience, including minimum 5 years of HR, HR business partner, HR senior manager experience with focus on organizational development
5.3 Specific professional experience:
- Proven knowledge and professional experience in HR
- General understanding of business and operational processes
- Basic understanding of legislation regulating the work of government employees (civil servants)
- Familiarity with the reform agenda in Ukraine is an asset
- Experience in leading multidisciplinary teams is an asset
6. Indicative Performance criteria: (Key Performance Indicators - KPI)
- % of tasks delivered within deadlines
- Timely submission of monthly performance reports
Submissions must be prepared in English only and be delivered electronically by July 17, 2018 to the following address: email@example.com
All submissions must include a completed Application Form, the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae and Reference Letter from a recent supervisor.
Only applications which have been submitted using the correct template and are completed will be considered.
The proposed RST Member Gross pay range for Category 1 positions is EUR 1200 – 1800. The exact rate will be made by the Recruitment Committee comprised of representatives of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine and international donors.