Команда підтримки реформ Міністерства економічного розвитку і торгівлі шукає Старшого експерта (реформа захисту права інтелектуальної власності)
1. Objective(s) and linkages to Reforms
A Reform Support Team (RST) at the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-civil servants) funded on a temporary basis by international donors in order to provide targeted technical support and assists the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade in the design and implementation of priority reforms. The RST will assist in filling the capacity gaps in the design and implementation of priority reform strategies and programs, while strengthening links and partnerships between the Ministry’s priorities and relevant donor support.
Intellectual property is innovative, developed through a creative process, and intangible. Intellectual property laws protect this unique type of property by protecting the rights of those who create the property. Improvement of existing and development of new legislation will strengthen the position of professionals in creative industries and contribute to favorable business environment.
2. Duration and proposed timeframe
Duration of assignment is until 30 June 2019. Subject to the availability of funding, the performance of the selected consultant and the specific needs of the RST, this appointment may be extended.
The Consultant shall deliver services in Ukraine and for no less than working 20 days per calendar month.
3. Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support of legislative activity in the field of Intellectual Property Rights, in particularConsideration and analysis of drafts of legislative acts in the field of Intellectual Property, introduced by the executive authorities, scientific institutions, and public associations and provide opinions on them;
- Comparative legal analysis of domestic legislation in the field of Intellectual Property with the legislation of leading foreign countries and their associations and making proposals on the directions of improvement of the legislation of Ukraine;
- Analysis of the main perspective directions of development of legislation in the field of Intellectual Property and making proposals on the scientific provision of the legislative activity
- Cooperation with leading stakeholders in the sphere of intellectual property objects, specialists and public associations working in this field, in order to identify requests and needs of stakeholders to improve legal relationships in this area;
- Analysis of the state of reform in the intellectual property industry, judicial reform related to this sphere, law enforcement practice and preparation of analytical materials on these processes;
- Monitoring of the process of passing the draft legal acts in the executive and legislative bodies;
- Preparation and execution of public discussion and submission to the Office for Support Reforms of draft legal acts in the field of Intellectual Property.
- Analysis of the effectiveness of execution of tasks provided by the program documents of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, submission of materials and proposals on its results.
4. Qualifications, Skills and Experience
We are looking for an experienced professional with background in analytics, change management, team management and/or procedures/law drafting. The person should possess strong negotiation and collaboration skills, resilience and be highly motivated to deliver results within short timeframes and limited resources.
4.1 Qualifications and skills:
- Master degree in law, finance, economics, or business administration;
- Strong organizational management, communication and presentation skills;
- PC literacy (PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word; Visio is an asset);
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English.
4.2 General professional experience:
Preferably more than 7 years of general professional experience (minimum 3 years), preferably 5 years of experience in project management, public or business administration, consulting.
4.3 Specific professional experience:
- Proven knowledge and professional experience in intellectual property;
- Familiarity with the reform agenda in Ukraine;
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams is an asset.
5. Assignment Value
The estimated monthly value of this consultancy position is in the region of EUR 800-1400. The funding source of this assignment is the EBRDUkraine Stabilisation and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account . The contributors are: Denmark, the European Union, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States of America. Please note selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding.
Submissions must be prepared in English only and delivered electronically by Oct’25 to the following address: email@example.com
All submissions must include:
● completed Application Form http://bit.ly/2j1CS77
● Reference Letter from a recent supervisor (original in English, or Ukrainian with English translation) together with the contact details for two further referees who, if contacted, can attest to the professional and/or educational background of the candidate.
● Applicant’s CV
Only applications which have been submitted using the correct template and are completed will be considered.
7. Selection Procedure
Following the evaluation of all applications received, selected candidates will be invited to a brief written test in Hrushevs`kogo street, 12/2, covering both general and technical questions in both English and Ukrainian. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview.