Position: Project Manager - Road Sector Reform
A Reform Support Team (RST) at the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine (MoI) is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-civil servants) funded on a temporary basis by the donors that provides targeted technical support and assists in the design and implementation of priority reforms. The RST will assist in filling the capacity gaps in the design and implementation of priority reform strategies and programs, while strengthening links and partnerships between the Ministry´s priorities and relevant donor support.
MoI has made the road Sector Reform one of its top three priorities and is committed to building a transparent and efficient system of the Road Sector Management in Ukraine. The RST works on the road sector reform aims for following objectives:
- Supporting decentralization and strengthening the capacity of Road fund
- Assistance in the approval of the draft Laws of Ukraine according to the requirements of the implementation of Association Agreement between Ukraine, on the one side, and the European Union, the European Atomic Energy Community and their Member States, on the other side.
- Straighten weigh control system, improve effectiveness and transparency of Safety Agency
- Supporting the implementation of FIDIC contract conditions
- Facilitation of the institutional reforms in road sector, separation of functions, avoiding the conflicts of interest.
A Project Manager on the Road Sector Reform is vitally needed to support the Government of Ukraine and in particular MoI in the fulfillment of the road sector reform.
2. Duration and proposed timeframe:
Total duration of current assignment is till December, 2019 (subjected to availability of the donor funding), two-month probation period should apply to the successful candidate.
3. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
a. Coordination and facilitation of reform implementation process
- developing the road sector’s reform agenda and work planning
- engagement of relevant stakeholders (experts, government officials, donors, etc.) to the RST’s activities
- resolution of problems and obstacles encountered during implementation process, identifying and communicating important issues requiring decision of RST Director and/or Reform Council
- mentoring the team of analysts and coordination of lawyers assigned to the project
b. Reform Teams (Working Groups) support
- project management support (development of project/reform implementation plan, risk management, change management, etc.)
- manage preparation of changes to laws and secondary legislation
- manage analytical support to the reform
- preparation of timely and quality reports and status updates on reform implementation progress to the Minister and RST Director, as well as for publication
- Implementing the institutional reform agenda for the road sector of Ukraine
- Assistance in the implementing of the road safety strategy and government action plan
- Supporting the straightening weight control implementation of pilot project electronic weight control system
- Organizing public discussions with Members of Parliament, Government and private sector
- Supporting decentralization process and strengthening the capacity of road fund
- Assistance in the approval of draft Laws of Ukraine "On amendments to some legislative acts of Ukraine in the road transport sector in order to bring them into line with European Union regulations" and "On amendments to some legislative acts of Ukraine in securing operating motor vehicles according to the requirements of the Association Agreement between Ukraine, on the one side, and the European Union, the European Atomic Energy Community and their Member States, on the other side"
- Supporting the implementation of FIDIC contract conditions
4. Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, law, business administration, engineering
- Strong organizational management, communication and presentation skills
- PC literacy (PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word; Visio is an asset)
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English
- Preferably more than 10 years of general professional experience (minimum 5 years)
- Preferably 5 years of experience in project management, public or business administration, business consulting, engineering
- Experience in the road sector related entities is required
- Other experience in transport or infrastructure sector is an advantage
- Proven knowledge and professional experience in public finance management
- Experience with the reform implementation in Ukraine, especially as related to road sector and infrastructure is a plus
- Experience with government entities and their mandate and processes is an asset
- Experience in leading multidisciplinary teams is an asset
5. Assignment Value
The estimated monthly value of this consultancy position is in the region of EUR 1,100 — 1,400. The funding source of this assignment is the EBRD-Ukraine Stabilization and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account. Please note selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by October 15, 2018 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions must include:
At least one professional reference letter (from a supervisor / manager);
Only applicants who have submitted the full package of documents will be considered.
7. Selection Procedure
Following the evaluation of all applications received, selected candidates will be invited to a brief written test in Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine (Peremohy ave, 14) covering both general and technical questions in both English and Ukrainian. Short-listed candidates will be invited to interview. The successful candidate will be required to provide a written professional reference (original in English, or Ukrainian with English translation) together with the contact details for two further referees who can attest to the professional and/or educational background of the candidate. Successful reference check will be a pre-condition to contracting