Команда підтримки реформ Міністерства економічного розвитку і торгівлі шукає Молодшого експерта (юриста), реформа корпоративного управління та публічних закупівель
1.Objective(s) and linkages to Reforms
A Reform Support Team (RST) at the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-civil servants) funded on a temporary basis by international donors in order to provide targeted technical support and assists the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade in the design and implementation of priority reforms. The RST will assist in filling the capacity gaps in the design and implementation of priority reform strategies and programs, while strengthening links and partnerships between the Ministry’s priorities and relevant donor support.
Public procurement reform is one of the top priorities for MEDT. New version of Public Procurement Law made application of eProcurement system ProZorro obligatory for all contracting authorities (ca 25 000 tender committees) as of August 1, 2016. ProZorro team has set its priorities on promoting public procurement reform and ProZorro, as its driver, to new potential suppliers who have not still tried ProZorro. Moreover, Prozorro team aims at developing monitoring activities by civil society, improving educational and capacity building activities for contracting authorities and suppliers.
2. Duration and proposed timeframe
Duration of assignment is until 30 June 2019. Subject to the availability of funding, the performance of the selected consultant and the specific needs of the RST, this appointment may be extended.
The Consultant shall deliver services in Ukraine and for no less than working 20 days per calendar month.
3. Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in preparation of drafts of state ownership policies for particular large state-owned companies, after the general State-Owned Policy is adopted by the government;
- Support the identification, collection, collation and analysis of relevant data and information in corporate governance and governance of particular companies;
- Support drafting of legislation on principles and methodology for calculation of and compensation for cost of services of general economic interest/ public service obligations;
- Assist in the design, preparation and coordination of implementation of strategic framework in relation to state-owned assets ownership structure (including the resolution of issues arising out of the “gospodarske vidannya” concept, potential disposal of assets in state ownership), regulation on disclosure of financial and non-financial information in line with best international practices;
- Prepare slides for presentations, infographics of processes based on legislation;
- Prepare timely and quality reports and status updates on reform implementation progress;
- Drafting Public Procurement Law #922 and secondary legislation.
4. Qualifications, Skills and Experience
4.1 Qualifications and skills:
- Master degree in law
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- PC literacy (PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word; Visio is an asset
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English
5.2 General professional experience:
Preferably more than 5 years of general professional experience (minimum 3 years), 3 years of experience in law. Additional experience in economic research and analysis, project management, public or business administration, financial consulting area(s) is considered an advantage.
5.3 Specific professional experience:
- Proven knowledge and professional experience in data collection and analysis, project management methodologies and practices;
- Experience with the reform implementation in Ukraine;
- Knowledge and professional experience in organizational development, change management, business processes reorganization and improvement.
- Law drafting experience is a plus;
- Experience working with state authorities is a plus.
5. Assignment Value
The estimated monthly value of this consultancy position is in the region of EUR 400-1000. The funding source of this assignment is the EBRD Ukraine Stabilisation and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account. The contributors are: Denmark, the European Union, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States of America. Please note selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding.
Submissions must be prepared in English only and delivered electronically by Oct’25 to the following address: email@example.com
All submissions must include:
● completed Application Form http://bit.ly/2j1CS77
● Reference Letter from a recent supervisor (original in English, or Ukrainian with English translation) together with the contact details for two further referees who, if contacted, can attest to the professional and/or educational background of the candidate;
● Applicant’s CV.
Only applications which have been submitted using the correct template and are completed will be considered.
7. Selection Procedure
Following the evaluation of all applications received, selected candidates will be invited to a brief written test in Kyiv, Hrushevs`kogo street, 12/2, covering both general and technical questions in both English and Ukrainian. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview.