Reform Support Team at the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine is hiring a Communications Project Manager
Reform Support Team (RST) at the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine (MoI), funded through the EBRD-managed Ukraine Multi-Donor Account, is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-civil servants) funded on a temporary basis by the donors that provides targeted technical support and assists in the design and implementation of priority reforms. The RST will assist in filling the capacity gaps in the design and implementation of priority reform strategies and programs, while strengthening links and partnerships between the Ministry´s priorities and relevant donor support.
1. Objective(s) and linkages to Reforms
Communication is an indispensable part of the reforms process. Consistent and comprehensive communications is needed to ensure public awareness and understanding of MoI and RST’s efforts and to fuel civil society’s action in supporting reforms process.
Qualified communications professional is needed in order to strengthen MoI’s Press Office and support Ministry’s communications efforts. Communication activities of the RST will be carried out through the official MoI channels and will strengthen the public presence of the Ministry and its representatives.
The Communications Project Manager will work in close cooperation with MoI’s Press Office whereas Ministry’s Press Secretary will be responsible for aligning communications objectives of all the parties involved.
2. Duration and proposed timeframe:
Duration of assignment is 1 year, including a 2-months’ probation period.
3. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Communicating reforms progress in all the fields defined as priority by the RST:
- In cooperation with the Ministry’s Press-Secretary regularly updating Ministry’s communications plan
- Proactively planning and suggesting reforms related communications materials (e.g. press-releases, info sheets, op-eds, etc.)
- Organizing public events for Ministry’s and RST’s speakers reporting on reforms progress
- Organizing off-the-record events with key media for RST experts
- Engaging relevant experts and civil activists to publicly assess MoI’s reforms progress
- Overall communication plan of the RST and MoI reforms development and implementation
- Regular progress reports on reforms communication
- Covering all priority reforms in media
4. Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in economics, political science, international relations or linguistics
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- PC literacy (advanced PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word skills; Visio is an asset)
- Excellent command of English and Ukrainian, both written and spoken
- At least 5 years of experience in communications, journalism or marketing
- Experience in data management – understanding of basic principles of reputational and communication research
- A proven track record of delivering high quality Strategic Communications in a comparable organization, contributing to an excellent reputation for that organization as a leader in its sector
- Experience of having successfully developed, managed and implemented communications strategies aligned to the organization objectives
- Proven knowledge and professional experience in communications
- Good understanding of economic processes and familiarity with the reform agenda in Ukraine
- Experience of consulting government agencies in communications will be an asset
5. Assignment Value
The estimated monthly value of this consultancy position is in the region of EUR 1,100 — 1,400.The funding source of this assignment is the EBRD-Ukraine Stabilisation and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account. Please note selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding
Submissions must be prepared in English only and be delivered electronically by 14th of July, 2018.
All submissions must include a completed Application Form and the CV, Reference Letter from a recent supervisor. Only applications which have been submitted using the correct template and are completed will be considered.
7. Selection Procedure
Following the evaluation of all applications received, selected candidates will be invited to a brief written test in Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine (Peremohy ave, 14) covering both general and technical questions in both English and Ukrainian. Short-listed candidates will be invited to interview. The successful candidate will be required to provide a written professional reference (original in English, or Ukrainian with English translation) together with the contact details for two further referees who can attest to the professional and/or educational background of the candidate. Successful reference check will be a pre-condition to contracting.