The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has agreed with the Government of Ukraine in the Governmental Negotiations in 2019 on supporting Ukraine with a continuation of a project aiming at facilitating foreign trade and exports for Ukraine with a focus on trade with EU countries. The capacities of the Ministry for Development of Economy, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine (MDETA) with regard to policy coordination and implementation as well as the capacities of other involved stakeholders also from the private sector are very limited and needs to be strengthened. With this project implemented, the framework conditions for access of Ukrainian exporters to EU markets can be improved, trade promotion activities could be enhanced and certain tasks envisaged in DCFTA could be implemented being one of the objectives of the Project.
Non-Governmental Union “Foundation for Support of Reforms in Ukraine” (NGU “FSRU”) with the support of Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development has launched the project “Utilization and implementation of the Association Agreement between the EU and Ukraine in the field of trade”.
The goal of the Project is to help improve trade conditions in Ukraine, particularly the country’s SMEs, with a view to better integrating Ukraine into the multilateral trading system, strengthening Ukrainian SMEs competitiveness and allowing them to take full advantage of new preferential markets access, in particular to the EU.
Within the Project, the NGU “FSRU" is looking for a Communication Advisor.
Scope of services
- Develop recommendations on informing main stakeholders on progress in implementation of the Export Strategy of Ukraine, sectoral and cross-sectoral export strategies, trade issues under the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement as well as other tasks implemented within the project;
- Provide support in the organization of events/workshops/seminars/meetings that will take place during implementation of the project, actively participate in these activities where necessary;
- Monitor the mass media, social networks and analysis of public, business and experts’ reaction on key tasks implemented within the project;
- Develop content and communication materials aimed at informing key audience on tasks implemented within the project;
- Track and measure the efficiency of communication strategy and continuously make improvements to meet objectives of the project.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- At least a Master’s degree in journalism, communications, economics, international relations, or another relevant field;
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the relevant field;
- Familiarity with the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement, Export strategy of Ukraine and sectoral and cross-sectoral export strategies;
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills with the ability to interpret complex legal, commercial and financial information;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- PC literacy;
- Excellent command of English and Ukrainian, both written and spoken.
Contract Duration: by 30.06.2021 (up to 220 working days during the whole contract period)
For contracting, a candidate should be able to register Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group.
The closing date for applications (CV with information on the expected fee and level of efforts - full-time/part-time (N of days per month): August 1, 2020.
Please, send your applications to: email@example.com