Position: Project Assistant- Interministerial Communications (Reform: Public Administration Reform)
1. Objective(s) and linkages to Reforms
A Reform Support Team (RST) at the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine (MoI) is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-civil servants) funded on a temporary basis by the donors that provides targeted technical support and assists in the design and implementation of priority reforms. The RST will assist in filling the capacity gaps in the design and implementation of priority reform strategies and programs, while strengthening links and partnerships between the Ministry´s priorities and relevant donor support.
RST is funded by the EBRD managed Ukraine Stabilisation and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account (MDA). The contributors are: Denmark, the European Union, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
Project Assistant- Interministerial Communication is an indispensable part of the reforms process.
Consistent and comprehensive communications is needed to ensure public awareness and understanding of MoI and RST’s efforts and to fuel civil society’s action in supporting reforms process. Communication activities of the RST will be carried out through the official MoI channels and will strengthen the public presence of the Ministry and its representatives.
The Project Assistant expert will work in close cooperation with Project Manager PAR for aligning communications objectives of all the parties involved.
2. Duration and proposed timeframe:
Total duration of current assignment is till December, 2019 (subjected to availability of the donor funding), two-month probation period should apply to the successful candidate.
3. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Communicating reforms progress in all the fields defined as priority by the RST:
- In cooperation with the Project Manager: Communications regularly updating Ministry’s communications plan regarding the reform
- Active social networks promotion activities
- Assisting in organizing public events for Ministry’s and RST’s speakers reporting on reforms progress (Public Administration Reform as a priority)
- Organizing off-the-record events with key media for RST experts
- Coordination a work among the Reform Support Teams within other ministries
- Formulate PR plans and strategies for publicly assess of MoI’s reforms progress within the
- Enhance the company’s voice and presence through online and offline channels
- Manage media relations and requests
- Plan and supervise events, fairs, conferences etc.
- Support the implementation of promotional plans
- Supporting the development of marketing materials, presentations etc.
4. Qualifications and skills and experience
- At least a bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, administration
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- PC literacy (advanced PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word skills; Visio is an asset)
- Excellent command of English and Ukrainian, both written and spoken
- Basic knowledge of graphic design
- Strong knowledge of social networks activity
- At least 5 years of experience in administration, communications, journalism or marketing,
- Experience in data management – understanding of basic principles of reputational and communication research
- Experience of having successfully developed, managed and implemented communications strategies aligned to the organization objectives
- Proven knowledge and professional experience in communications
- Good understanding of economic processes and familiarity with the reform agenda in Ukraine
- Experience of consulting government agencies in communications will be an asset
5. Assignment value
The proposed RST Member Gross pay range for Category 3 positions is EUR 400 – 1000. The exact rate will be made by the Recruitment Committee comprised of representatives of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine and international donors.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by October 15, 2018 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions must include:
At least one professional reference letter (from a supervisor / manager);
Only applicants who have submitted the full package of documents will be considered.
7. Selection Procedure
Following the evaluation of all applications received, selected candidates will be invited to a brief written test in Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine (Peremohy ave, 14) covering both general and technical questions in both English and Ukrainian. Short-listed candidates will be invited to interview. The successful candidate will be required to provide a written professional reference (original in English, or Ukrainian with English translation) together with the contact details for two further referees who can attest to the professional and/or educational background of the candidate. Successful reference check will be a pre-condition to contracting.