The Senior Project Manager Lawyer (Category 1, State-Owned Banks Reform) will be a full-time consultant in the Reform Support Team at the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine (MoF).
The Reform Support Team (RST) is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-public servants) funded on a temporary basis by the donors that provides targeted technical support and assists the Ministry in the design and implementation of sectorial strategies and priority reforms.
Competencies of the RST include the following core capacities:
- Economic and legal analysis (preparation of reform proposals supported by evidence-based analysis, preparation of policy and legal drafts, regulatory impact assessment etc.), and
- Reform program planning, implementation and coordination (inc. performance indicators, progress reports, program management, monitoring and coordination, project proposals preparation etc.).
The RST was launched in October 2016. Currently the RST is helping the Ministry to implement six priority reforms: Development of the Public Finance Management Strategy; Public Administration Reform and Capacity Building in the Ministry of Finance; Tax Reform and Establishment of the New Finance Police Service; Customs Reform; Optimization of Social Security System; and Reform of State-Owned banks and Improvement of International Financial Cooperation process.
The Senior Project Manager will ensure the coordinated actions of the Reform Support Team for State-Owned Banks Reform implementation and will be involved in improving cooperation with International Financial Institutions.
Duration and proposed timeframe:
Duration of assignment is until 31.12.2019 year with starting date not later than 1 May 2019, including a 2-month probation period.
The Consultant shall deliver services in Ukraine and for no less than working 20 days per calendar month.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
a. Coordination and facilitation of reform implementation process
i. coordination and facilitation of Reform Support Team activities;
ii. engagement and cooperation with relevant stakeholders (experts, other Ministries and government officials, municipalities, sovereign borrowers, donors, IFIs, and other counterparts concerning issues of undisbursed loans;
iii. resolution of problems and obstacles encountered during implementation, identification and communication of issues requiring a decision of the RST Director and/or the Reform Council.
b. Reform Teams (Working Groups) support
i. project management support (development of project/reform implementation plan, risk management, change management, etc.);
ii. organization of events, round tables, conferences and forums to engage stakeholders on key reform themes and policy proposals;
iii. preparation of timely and quality reports and status updates on reform implementation progress to the Minister and the RST Director, as well as for publication.
Main anticipated deliverables:
- Support of amendments in the Corporate Governance model in SoBs: support the development of legislation to establish a new corporate governance model, support the selection process of new supervisory board members within the MoF;
- Review and drafting of new regulatory changes/ undertakings aimed at improving disbursements and resolving critical issues affecting the IFI loan implementation;
- Development of the strategic framework and action plan on IFIs loan portfolio optimization;
- Build-up the project management capacity at various levels by improvement of legal framework with quick fixes and establishing better collaboration between the MoF, line ministries, IFIs and local authorities; revision of this approach regarding the sub-sovereign loans and guarantees.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in Law, Financial and/or International Law;
- Experience in managing implementation of complex public sector investments/transactions;
- Strong organizational management, communication and presentation skills;
- PC literacy (PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word; Visio is an asset);
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English;
- Good inter-personal skills.
General professional experience:
- Preferably more than 10 years of general professional experience (minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience);
- Preferably 5 years of experience in banking law.
Specific professional experience:
- Proven knowledge and professional experience in banking or international law;
- Deep knowledge in banking legal/regulatory framework;
- Experience in corporate governance and administration of large modern companies in Ukraine or abroad;
- LLM degree in banking and financial law is an asset;
- Experience of cooperation/ with IFIs is an asset;
- Familiarity with the reform agenda in Ukraine (especially in the financial sector), a good understanding of policy formulation process is an asset.
The estimated monthly value of this consultancy position is in the region of EUR 1200 to EUR 1800. The funding source of this assignment is the [EBRD-Ukraine Stabilization and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account / the European Union]. Please note selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding.
Submissions must be prepared in English only and be delivered electronically by 24 March 2019 to the following address: email@example.com
All submissions must include a completed Application Form [download], the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae and Reference Letter from a recent supervisor.
Only applications which have been submitted using the correct template and are completed will be considered.
Following the evaluation of all applications received, selected candidates will be invited to a brief written test covering both general and technical questions in both English and Ukrainian. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview.