Associate Expert: Transport Innovations
1. Objective(s) and linkages to Reforms:
A Reform Support Team (RST) at the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine (MoI) is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-civil servants) funded on a temporary basis by the donors that provides targeted technical support and assists in the design and implementation of priority reforms. The RST will assist in filling the capacity gaps in the design and implementation of priority reform strategies and programs, while strengthening links and partnerships between the Ministry´s priorities and relevant donor support.
RST is funded through the EBRD-managed Ukraine Multi-Donor Fund, in which the EU is the largest donor. The contributors are: Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States of America and the European Union, the largest donor.
The Associate Expert in Transport Innovations is vitally needed to maintain Ministry’s effectiveness and efficiency by working on the implementation of transport innovations. The Expert will support the development and implementation of digital mobility systems in accordance with strategic objectives identified by EU-Ukraine Association Agreement and the National Transport Strategy 2030.
The Associate Expert in Transport Innovations will work in close cooperation with Ministerial departments, namely the Directorate of State Policy in the sphere of digital infrastructure in transport and the Department of strategic development of the road market and road transport. Considering insufficient institutional capacity of the Ministry, such specialist is needed to support the implementation of state policy in the field of digital infrastructure and information technologies on transport.
2. Duration and proposed time frame:
Total duration of current assignment is till December, 2019 (subjected to availability of the donor funding), two-month probation period should apply to the successful candidate.
3. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assistance in preparation of roadmap and work plan of transport sector reform
- Development and implementation of systems within smart city projects
- Maintaining Ministry’s effectiveness and efficiency by developing roadmap and work plan for implementation of electromobile cars
- Development of the concept and terms of reference for implementation of drones and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), particularly dispatch and routing
- Promotion of the use of intelligent transport systems and information technology in managing and operating all modes of transport
- Establishing and maintaining relationships, cooperation with the governmental, regional and local authorities
- Preparation of timely and quality reports and status updates on reform implementation progress to the Minister and RST Director, as well as for publication
- Engagement of relevant stakeholders (experts, government officials, donors, etc.) to the RST’s activities
- Participation in Governmental and other working groups
- Resolution of problems and obstacles encountered during implementation process, identifying and communicating important issues requiring decision of RST Director and/or Reform Council
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the RST Director
4. Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in IT, engineering, mathematics
- Strong organizational management, communication and presentation skills
- PC literacy (PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word; Visio is an asset)
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English
- More than 5 years of general professional experience
- Preferably more than 1 year in IT or engineering industry
- Familiarity with the reform agenda in Ukraine is a plus
- Experience in infrastructure sector is an asset
- Prior experience of work in public services reform team is a plus
- Experience in leading multidisciplinary teams is an asset
5. Assignment Value
The estimated monthly value of this consultancy position is in the region of EUR 400-1000. The funding source of this assignment is the EBRD-Ukraine Stabilization and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account. Please note selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by the 29th of August 2019 to the following address: email@example.com
All submissions must include:
- At least one professional reference letter (from a supervisor / manager);
- Applicant’s CV.
Only applicants who have submitted the full package of documents will be considered.
7. Selection Procedure
Following the evaluation of all applications received, selected candidates will be invited to a brief written test in Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine (Peremohy ave, 14) covering both general and technical questions in both English and Ukrainian. Short-listed candidates will be invited to interview. The successful candidate will be required to provide a written professional reference (original in English, or Ukrainian with English translation) together with the contact details for two further referees who can attest to the professional and/or educational background of the candidate. Successful reference check will be a pre-condition to contracting.