In April 2016 the non-governmental union "Foundation for Support of Reforms in Ukraine" and Ministry of Defence of Ukraine have signed a Memorandum of partnership and cooperation.
The purpose of the Memorandum is to consolidate efforts aimed at identifying a common vision on the reforms concept in the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine and the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. The cooperation will be carried out in the framework of the National NATO - Ukraine Cooperation Program for 2016 approved by the Decree of the President of Ukraine.
Areas of cooperation
Cooperation of institutions includes preparation of proposals and algorithms of project implementation, taking into account best practices of NATO countries and provide the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine and the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine with recommendations concerning:
• reform of military leadership based on NATO Member States principles and standards;
• implementation of effective defense planning and management of defense resources using modern Euro-Atlantic approaches;
• professionalization of the defense forces and creation of necessary military reserve;
Later Foundation and Ministry plan to hold joint public events to discuss the issues identified in the areas of cooperation.
Cooperation includes the involvement of experts.
Actions and measures to be taken in frames of cooperation between the Ministry and Foundation:
• development and implementation of reforms projects, proposals to amend the laws of Ukraine;
• joint work on the implementation of NATO standards;
• creation of joint working groups to develop recommendations for draft legal acts;
• organization of seminars, conferences, business meetings, etc.;
• disclosure of cooperation, including joint events;
To assess the results of initiatives implementation to reform the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine and the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine there will be applied a set of qualitative and quantitative indicators of progress.